Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is different about Soccer?

Options
  • 31-08-2013 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭

I only discovered when I tried to post to a thread in the Soccer forum that there is a 'vetting' process in place before you are allowed post.
    When I looked a bit further the Soccer forum seems to have it's own rules and regs over and above the normal Boards rules. This does not appear to apply to any other sports forum and I cannot understand why this should be the case.

So, what is different about Soccer:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's too easy a target for trolling/tribalism and strife in general. At one point the admins closed it completely for a few weeks. Eventually it was decided that it was to be semi-private, with public reading, but separate permissions needed to post in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Thanks for the info. Sad reflection on the game, but c'est la vie.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I wouldn't say it's necessarily a reflection on the game. The other sports forums can also cause problems, but soccer happens to be one of the biggest forums on boards.ie as a whole which can magnify the problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement