Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question about Wills

Options
  • 30-08-2013 9:13pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to view an original will document or can I only view the abridged details in the Calender of Wills? There's a will from the 1940's which I'm curious about and it would be very interesting to see it in full if it were possible.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Enda63

Heermy,

it is possible to see original wills in the national archives, but will before 1975 are in off site storage and need to be ordered in advance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Thanks Enda,
    Twas probably a silly question but I just wasn't sure, having read the NAI website, whether I could see the original complete text of a will or not.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

We had a discussion on the topic here that should help

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Thanks pedro,
    Like the OP in that thread I'm hoping the will might explain some family politics.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement