Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys Laptop

Options
  • 30-08-2013 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Below is copy of email sent to Currys customer services yesterday.
    Over 12 months ago I purchased a laptop from your Navan (Ireland) store and took out insurance @ 135 euro for 3 yrs.
    On August 5th a screw fell out of cabinet resulting in screen becoming loose.I took it back to store and was informed it would have to go back to UK for replacement screw!.
    I arranged for collection on Aug.13 but the girl in shop was not paying attention and took down contact no.wrong missing 1 digit.I noticed this and rang the UK to change number this was not conveyed to pickup,but the guy used his head and realising there was digit missing called after 7 pm.He wrote right no on docket which I have copy of.

The laptop was due for return on Fri.30th 2weeks to fit screw!

howerver I returned from work today the 29 th find note saying "called to deliverer laptop no one in tried phone no answer",looked as though it was written by 4 yr old,no contact number no time except knowhow no 1890 on front.

Called this no. and after 30 mins was answered,after another 30 mins after I asked where laptop was, and could I collect at depot,was told no,due to health and safety but could deliver on Tues. told her I was going on hols. was then asked could it be left with neighbour?? arranged to deliever to Navan on Friday asked for no. for Navan and was told it was ex directory,so what was I to do sit in Navan shop all day? was put through to complaints dept. (again all on phone to national no).was transferred to deliveries, Guy there said he would change no. and call me back.
    He called me back and said I should have told him Navan was arranged although it was not at this stage! he then said could arrange del. on Saturday and said he was doing me a favour and he could easily have dropped my number in bin!! at this stage I asked for supervisor and was told there was none asked for manager and was cut off!!

Rang back 1890 no.again and spoke to Darren who said he could arrange for del to Navan and get them to call me on Fri.
    I await this.

Is this anyway to treat customers,1 take wrong phone number 2 deliver day before 3 not leave any number to contact delivery man.
    4 take 2 weeks to replace screw.

I certainly will not be returning to any of your stores and await apology.

It is now 5.30 pm Friday evening and after another 60min on phone,have now been told by two very unhelpfull people one in Tech.whose name I have, that you were very good trying to get back repair a day early,and in fact laptop will not be in Navan untill sometime Tomorrow.

Surely if would have been courtisy to phone me and tell me this,rather than letting me spend another hour on phone to UK number.

How you manage to run a business in this manner beats all logic.

Any thoughts? I purchased laptop localy instead of online,as Ireland surely need the business.But was unaware repairs and call-centers were UK based.

Advertisement