Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney lining

Options
  • 30-08-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

I've been told that I need to get a chimney lining in when I put in a new stove at home. I was wondering if anyone has a rough price on putting the lining in? It's for a 2 storey semi in Wicklow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Generally, 6" liners for solid fuel is approx €30 per meter. Transitional & termination fittings would be extra.

Make sure the existing flue is properly swept before the loner is inserted as they can tear easily on hardened soot within the liner.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭buttercup20

Hi,

I am wondering how much would Chimney lining and stove insulation cost? I am in the Leinster area.

Thanks,

Martina

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

shane0007 wrote: »
    Generally, 6" liners for solid fuel is approx €30 per meter. Transitional & termination fittings would be extra.

Make sure the existing flue is properly swept before the loner is inserted as they can tear easily on hardened soot within the liner.

Youll need vermiculite filling as well.

Advertisement