Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos used on Ebay ad without permission .

Options
  • 30-08-2013 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Edit :Solution found ,Feel free to delete Mods

Hi

I Currently sell wristbands on Ebay.

I of course have some competition .

There is a competitor who has had inferior photos to mine for some time now .

Today I noticed that that same competitor has a new listing which includes over 35 of my photos , which I personally photographed and took hours editing and uploading .

The photos are not watermarked in any way(On mine or the competitors listing) !

I have only ever uploaded the photos to Ebay .

Is this copyright infringement ?

Am I in the wrong for not watermarking the photos?

What can be done or should I just leave it (Even though I don't want to )

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

nanook5 wrote: »
    why don't you share your solution? This might of interest for other ebay sellers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

nanook5 wrote: »
    I Currently sell wristbands on Ebay.

I of course have some competition .

There is a competitor who has had inferior photos to mine for some time now .

Today I noticed that that same competitor has a new listing which includes over 35 of my photos , which I personally photographed and took hours editing and uploading ...
    This happened me on eBay too. One time my photos were hosted on Photobucket and the other seller linked directly to the Photobucket site. I replaced the linked photo with something cheeky and saved with the same filename. His eBay posting ran for a while before he even noticed. Then it disappeared.

Another time I reported the other seller to eBay and they removed the offending listing.

Would like to hear how you resolved it in your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

leck wrote: »
    This happened me on eBay too. One time my photos were hosted on Photobucket and the other seller linked directly to the Photobucket site. I replaced the linked photo with something cheeky and saved with the same filename. His eBay posting ran for a while before he even noticed. Then it disappeared.

Another time I reported the other seller to eBay and they removed the offending listing.

Would like to hear how you resolved it in your case.

It is not fully resolved .

I have contacted the seller and I'm awaiting a response .

If the seller does not co-operate I am going to report him/the listing to Ebay .

I did a quick google search a while ago and found that it's illegal to steal peoples photos and I also found a form to report stolen photos . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,077 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

So what law are they breaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

If the listing was on ebay.com, I think the OP's images would be protected under US copyright laws. Not sure what laws apply when listing on ebay.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Yes , I was referring to what leck had linked .

Advertisement