Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco

Options
  • 30-08-2013 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Having bought not one but two technika iPhone /iPod TV cables, the first one broke after 2 months, unravelling at the iPhone charger end. I bought another one in tesco maynooth just 4 weeks ago, tried it out and it simply DID NOT WORK.
    As I don't live near maynooth I gave it to a relative to return . The receipt had gone missing. Even though it is clearly a tesco product , the manager there said he WOULD NOT refund it as they had not stocked it for 2 months. Clearly a lie as I had bought it in their store only a month before. What with the aldi price challenge and bad customer service like this, the echo of footsteps will decrease in their shop day by day. Very bad tesco.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭gussieg

gussieg wrote: »
    Having bought not one but two technika iPhone /iPod TV cables, the first one broke after 2 months, unravelling at the iPhone charger end. I bought another one in tesco maynooth just 4 weeks ago, tried it out and it simply DID NOT WORK.
    As I don't live near maynooth I gave it to a relative to return . The receipt had gone missing. Even though it is clearly a tesco product , the manager there said he WOULD NOT refund it as they had not stocked it for 2 months. Clearly a lie as I had bought it in their store only a month before. What with the aldi price challenge and bad customer service like this, the echo of footsteps will decrease in their shop day by day. Very bad tesco.

Also all we wanted was a credit note to buy yet more tesco claptrap.

Also all we wanted was a credit note to buy yet more tesco claptrap.

So that's at least two very good customers lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Misleading thread title.

Misleading thread title.

Not at all mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Not at all mate.

Did rats chew the cables or am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

So to lost your receipt and want to refund something? Right.

You say you bought one 1 month ago and haven't been stocked for 2 months. Yeah, they still leave the remaining stock out for sale, so does everywhere. Revalation.

Surprisingly enough they manager is actually not out to get you ad he goes home every night to watch the same programmes as you. He was probably told by head office they couldn't be refunded.

Give joe Duffy a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭recourse

Come on.. Tesco did absolutely nothing wrong or illegal. You get a receipt with your purchase for a reason.... KEEP IT, USE IT.

Did rats chew the cables or am I missing something?

They must have chewed his reasoning section of his brain.

recourse wrote: »
    Come on.. Tesco did absolutely nothing wrong or illegal. You get a receipt with your purchase for a reason.... KEEP IT, USE IT.

Or maybe, oh I don't know, take care of your stuff and don't buy cheap products that get a lot of wear and tear.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

stay on topic please

dudara

• Advertisement

We were on topic, most of the time the customer isn't right and complains for the sake of it.

Surely this is the same as saying oh that tesco crowd are right scallywags. No, the OP is wrong. Simple really.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dukedalton

I had a similar issue with the electronics manager in Tesco Maynooth regarding Tesco own brand ink which would not work with my printer. In my case, I had left the receipt at the self service checkout so when I asked him for an exchange- not refund, EXCHANGE- he refused to do it without a receipt. I subsequently rummaged through the bin at the checkout and managed to find the receipt, so went back down to him and given his previous snotty attitude, I asked for and got a refund.

The point was made to me that in theory I could have stolen the item originally then gone back to Tesco looking to cash in on it by asking for a "refund". Fair enough, I suppose. But given that it's clearly a Tesco own brand product and faulty, they should offer an exchange, out of goodwill if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@Ikonm please do not clutter up the thread. If you wish to disagree, please take it off-thread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Bought a cheap cable, it fell apart after a while.
    So went out and bought another one, same brand, that also died too soon :rolleyes:

Maybe a good idea to shop around for the cheapo products. Check out Ebay, Deal Extreme etc, can get better products there (at similar or better price), and see other buyers' comments which can help separate the crap from the not so crap ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

a person who did not buy it walked into a store with no receipt and asked for a refund?

Sorry, no retailer, not even aldi, would give a refund in that situation.

Whilst your case is probably genuine, imagine the amount of fraudsters & shoplifters who would take advantage of that policy and naturally the customers would pay for it in higher prices.

Advertisement