Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shuttle bus between campuses

• 30-08-2013 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey,

Can anyone tell me if there is a shuttle bus between the Belfield and Blackrock campuses? If so from where on the campuses? When do they run? How much?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

There isn't. The Dublin Bus Route #17 runs through Belfield and stops near to Blackrock campus, but is notoriously unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 qmzp

Raphael wrote: »
    There isn't. The Dublin Bus Route #17 runs through Belfield and stops near to Blackrock campus, but is notoriously unreliable.

The 17 is bad, but much improved from ~5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 qmzp

GusFring wrote: »
    Hey,

Can anyone tell me if there is a shuttle bus between the Belfield and Blackrock campuses? If so from where on the campuses? When do they run? How much?

Thanks!!

I guess it would be between €1.60 and €2 each way. Look into student bus tickets, for example, a 30-day Rambler:
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Tickets/Tickets/Student-Tickets/

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Vorophobe

If you have an android phone, the "Next Bus Dublin Free" app on the play store is great for showing you how long until the next bus comes. I use it all the time, no waiting around :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

It's only a 5 minute cycle between the two. Could save you a few euro and allow you to clear your head!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

It's only a 5 minute cycle between the two. Could save you a few euro and allow you to clear your head!

Got that absolute bastard of a hill on Mount Merrion Avenue though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Got that absolute bastard of a hill on Mount Merrion Avenue though.

It's easily bypassed by taking a right just at the traffic lights :)

Advertisement