Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bet slip mistake??

Options
  • 30-08-2013 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

i placed a bet on samaras to score any time and celtic to win 3-0 on wed in paddy powers near my job . i went to collect it today in paddy powers where i live and i was told the bet wasent valid because they only done first and last goal scorer for that match and the girl in the other shop should have told me and imto go back to where i placed it and see what they say. surely i should be entitled to at least get the winnings off the 3-0 score line or will it be void totally? have i got case to be made?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

i placed a bet on samaras to score any time and celtic to win 3-0 on wed in paddy powers near my job . i went to collect it today in paddy powers where i live and i was told the bet wasent valid because they only done first and last goal scorer for that match and the girl in the other shop should have told me and imto go back to where i placed it and see what they say. surely i should be entitled to at least get the winnings off the 3-0 score line or will it be void totally? have i got case to be made?

Did you write it up as a wincast?

If not, then they wont pay it as one because shops only do first and last goalscorers, you have to back online to get anytime goalscorer.

They should pay you on the 3-0 correct score though, but depending on what way you have the docket written they could very well just void the bet and say the bet you wrote wasn't an available market and therefore they are voiding it as its an invalid bet. You need to be careful what way you write up dockets in the shops because their rules and bets can be different to their online betting... And they would be only too happy to void your bet etc.

I would definitely go into the shop where you placed the bet and try get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

yeah id say so, feck it, il got in the morning and chance my arm, it was just wrote out on a betting slip
    "samaras to score anytime and celtic to win 3-0 "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Juwwi

They should of split the bet stake and paid out as half the stake on 3-0 and the other half on Samaras anytime.

Advertisement