Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancelling car insurance

Options
  • 30-08-2013 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm going to college so I was wondering is there a way to cancel my car insurance for 12 weeks
    I'm insured since the 4-3-13 and its my first car insurance
    And if I cancel it what loss would I make?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Don't cancel it, suspend it. Most insurers will allow a credit against your next renewal providing you do it for more than 30 consecutive days. If you are paying by DD, you must keep up the payments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 elly1907

oldyouth wrote: »
    Don't cancel it, suspend it. Most insurers will allow a credit against your next renewal providing you do it for more than 30 consecutive days. If you are paying by DD, you must keep up the payments

I am paying currently paying by DD what does suspend it mean and how do i do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Suspending cover means that the policy stays live until renewal date, but not actual cover is operative. You hand back your cert and disc. At renewal, the 'unused' credit amassed can be used against the next premium. Quite often, insurers will allow a year's NCB for the period just gone (not always). You don't suffer the penalty clause in the policy for cancelling early

Advertisement