Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings Account and AER

Options
  • 30-08-2013 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am about to open a savings account that I want to use for the next year and a half to save 15k. I was looking at the ulster bank regular saving account with 2.5% AER and was wondering if this was the best option for me.

I was also wondering if anyone could explain exactly how the AER works. On their site they say they calculate it at 2.5% each month and payout in October. If I saved 1k a month for 1 year what interest would i get approximately? I'm a little confused on how they calculate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

Approximately €138 before DIRT (33%), €92 after tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

gar44 wrote: »
    I am about to open a savings account that I want to use for the next year and a half to save 15k. I was looking at the ulster bank regular saving account with 2.5% AER and was wondering if this was the best option for me.

It depends. Do you want to save monthly? Do you have a lump sum?

Nationwide UK Ireland pay 4.00% AER with their regular saver account.

Have a read of this best buy guide.

Advertisement