Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy emergency food?

Options
  • 30-08-2013 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for somewhere that I can buy emergency food to have. Ideally in small batches that I can build up over time and that I can leave in a shed and ignore unless I need it.

I know the Mountain House cans are good and last 25+ years, but anywhere that has it seems to sell it in large batches, I'm thinking 50euro every now and then when I can to build up a supply. Also the post and packing is expensive.

Any thoughts or ideas on this. I'm really looking for something I can forget about, not something that I need to rotate - ever.

Is there anything like this in Ireland?

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Al.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wolfeye

This place might be suitable for you.
    9.90 euro E.U flatrate shipping .

http://shop.conserva.de/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Altoid

Thanks! That looks like just what I need!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

Ive bought a lot from these http://evaq8.co.uk/FOOD-and-WATER.html

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭evilmonkee

Amazon sell survival food!

I know they sell the Seven Oceans emergency rations as an ADD-ON item for the single box (you need to purchase them as part of another order. The order needs to be min £10 without shipping).

I've found it great for stocking up in dribs and drabs... just add it to an order you were placing anyway.

Amazon also sell in larger quantities if thats what you are looking for... They also do "free super saver" delivery to Ireland on eligible items over £25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

Is a shed the best place to store food?

We have a couple of cool dry sheds that would be perfect for storage and a couple that get really hot in the summer and would be useless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Are you certain the sheds are cool and dry? Are they insulated for example? If so, then 'cool and dry' is the best state to store food long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭thehippychippy

emergencyfoodstorage.co.uk seem to have some good deals but i haven't used them yet. Am going to within the next week or so but their prices seem pretty good

Advertisement