Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being told we have to pay full fees due to accepted CAO offer from prior year?

Options
  • 30-08-2013 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

(posted this original in the College forum, but this one seems more like the place it's supposed to go, sorry!)

So my sister is after getting a letter right there which say she's going to have to pay full fees for the first year of her course due to attending a different course last year. She never attended or registered for said course but had selected it from the CAO's list of available courses after failing to get what she wanted last year.

As she never registered with the college, am I right in thinking that this means they have made an error and she will not have to pay full fees?

Thank you for your assistance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Never registered? No fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,001 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If she didn't register then she shouldn't have to pay.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement