Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted ghosts and spirits

Options
  • 30-08-2013 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello, I saw an ad in the paper (CORK evening echo) about someone who was offering the service of getting rid of unwanted ghosts and spirits. I was wondering if any of ye have ever done something like this and did it work.

I would consider it if experiences were good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

The first thing I would do in not just to conclusions before getting anyone into cleanse/get rid of unwanted 'ghosts' and first to rule out any and all natural causes like environmental issues, old house with old utilities like faulty wiring, loose piping or vibrations in piping etc.

Also a good start would be keeping note of what happens, the time/date it happens and a description of the incident, who was in the house , who witnessed it, what rooms they were in etc. you get the picture, as much detail as possible.

The key thing is to look at every possible source for the 'activity' before going down the root of saying there's a ghost in your house, you would be surprised at the amount of things that can cause ghost like activity that have a natural ground or a man made one.

Just a bit of friendly advice as I'm not privy to what exactly the occurrences are you're experiencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i think its hard to define what a ghost or spirit is in the first place, so I presume it would be just as difficult trying to work out if the offered service actually ended up working.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Have you tried interacting with the ghost? Perhaps offer them food or tea. They might be looking for comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

Hello, I saw an ad in the paper (CORK evening echo) about someone who was offering the service of getting rid of unwanted ghosts and spirits. I was wondering if any of ye have ever done something like this and did it work.

I would consider it if experiences were good

Yes I had someone come around who got rid of some spirits. Last time I invited him to a party.

Unwanted ghost free to good home ...:confused:

maccored is correct. In my experience you have more of a chance winning the lottery then having a ghost in your house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Gilbert Grape

maccored is correct. In my experience you have more of a chance winning the lottery then having a ghost in your house.

So there's still a chance then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

[/I]
    So there's still a chance then.

Ahhhhh....No!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Gilbert Grape

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭oceanman

many people throughout the world do actually win the lottery every week..

Ahhhhh....No!

I lived in a house that had a ghost in it - for about 5 years - so personally i believe it's possible. Rare, but possible.

• Advertisement

maccored wrote: »
    I lived in a house that had a ghost in it - for about 5 years - so personally i believe it's possible. Rare, but possible.

That's all the proof I need :D

That's all the proof I need :D

I dont give a fig how much proof you need, to be honest. if you want proof, go look for it.

Maccored, you obviously think that you lived in a haunted house - your opinion.

I don't think you did - my opinion.

how the hell would you know? - my other opinion

and my other, spare opinion is not giving a fig what you think. no offense intended or anything.

how the hell would you know? - my other opinion

and my other, spare opinion is not giving a fig what you think. no offense intended or anything.

I know plenty.

I know that you didn't live in a haunted house because there is NO such thing as ghosts or spirits.

In fact the only undesireable being present in that premises was probably your good self, no offence intended of course. ;)

Course theres no such thing as ghosts. Love the sly bit of bullying there too with the "undesireable" statement. Yer mammy would be proud! ( It's spelled 'undesirable' btw).

They do say you've lost the argument when you stoop to insults - but you work away because as i say ... I don't give a toss what you think. Love to see your research into the paranormal btw, to back up your claims that 'there is NO such thing as ghosts or spirits'. I doubt you have bothered.

Anyway - I bow to your superior knowledge.

Course theres no such thing as ghosts. Love the sly bit of bullying there too with the "undesireable" statement. Yer mammy would be proud! ( It's spelled 'undesirable' btw).

They do say you've lost the argument when you stoop to insults - but you work away because as i say ... I don't give a toss what you think. Love to see your research into the paranormal btw, to back up your claims that 'there is NO such thing as ghosts or spirits'. I doubt you have bothered.

Anyway - I bow to your superior knowledge.

But I said no offence intended... :confused:

I wasn't offended. So - you researched the paranormal and found theres no such thing as ghosts? Do share your research.

Or - and I seem to get the impression this is the correct assumption - you dont believe in ghosts or the paranormal and by default it doesn't exist and you therefore ridicule anyone who says different? Thats almost religious-like that is.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Did you experience much activity with the ghost over the 5 years if so like what, I ask as I recently moved into a house and there appears to be some kind of presence already there, admittily it may not be Paranormal but I certainly haven't ruled it out.

• Advertisement

Or - and I seem to get the impression this is the correct assumption - you dont believe in ghosts or the paranormal and by default it doesn't exist and you therefore ridicule anyone who says different? Thats almost religious-like that is.

After intense investigation, I must admit I did find some evidence of ghosts.

1. Casper, a friendly chap

and 2. Holy - best known for knocking up a young wan in Judea circa 9 months BC.

there was a lot of stuff going on - radios turning on and off, whispering in the ear, my wife hearing her name called, sound of people walking in the hallway when there was only one person in the house etc etc. the problem I found was that these things happened when you least expected them - so whenever i would set up cameras and recorders to try and capture something, there wouldnt be a peep.
    Loughc wrote: »
    Did you experience much activity with the ghost over the 5 years if so like what, I ask as I recently moved into a house and there appears to be some kind of presence already there, admittily it may not be Paranormal but I certainly haven't ruled it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

there was a lot of stuff going on - radios turning on and off, whispering in the ear, my wife hearing her name called, sound of people walking in the hallway when there was only one person in the house etc etc. the problem I found was that these things happened when you least expected them - so whenever i would set up cameras and recorders to try and capture something, there wouldnt be a peep.

Sounds freaky! Did you ever look into the history of the house or anything?

we know what it was. it had to do with the family we bought the house off, and one of their children who had died on the road outside. Long story plus its the one paranormal experience I wish I never had because up until then I was happy believing that the whole dead people coming back thing was a load of b0llocks. Since then I have to at least consider the possibility because just the way the whole thing went and how it was resolved - there's really nothing to explain it any better than a 'ghost'. I was posting about it on here as it was happening around 2005 ish or so - but I cant remember the username I had at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

we know what it was. it had to do with the family we bought the house off, and one of their children who had died on the road outside. Long story plus its the one paranormal experience I wish I never had because up until then I was happy believing that the whole dead people coming back thing was a load of b0llocks. Since then I have to at least consider the possibility because just the way the whole thing went and how it was resolved - there's really nothing to explain it any better than a 'ghost'. I was posting about it on here as it was happening around 2005 ish or so - but I cant remember the username I had at the time.

So it was the catalyst per se, for you opening your mind to the possibilities? I often wonder how I'd react if I encountered something like that, something I just couldn't explain away. I would like to hear more about it though, how did you resolve it?

I'll pm ye - it'll be easier

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'll pm ye - it'll be easier

I'd like a pm too. Getting freaked out here in my house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

This is the last time I'll enter a paranormal related thread on boards. I like others here have an interest in the paranormal but every page is spammed with there is no such thing you're stupid etc pointless bickering etc what a load of sh1t. Never get why u feel the need to enter these threads if you don't believe. It's not as if you're being asked do you believe? Cue some little sh1tty reply about how dumb I am and how entitled they are. Can't be bothered bye

Loughc wrote: »
    I'd like a pm too. Getting freaked out here in my house!

sent

• Advertisement

As a wise Paranormal forum mod once said "You have to listen to thunder"

Weathering wrote: »
    This is the last time I'll enter a paranormal related thread on boards. I like others here have an interest in the paranormal but every page is spammed with there is no such thing you're stupid etc pointless bickering etc what a load of sh1t. Never get why u feel the need to enter these threads if you don't believe. It's not as if you're being asked do you believe? Cue some little sh1tty reply about how dumb I am and how entitled they are. Can't be bothered bye

Advertisement