Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Havent a clue where to get this , can anyone help

Options
  • 30-08-2013 6:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

What do time travel and epilepsy have in common?,, well read on.. An interesting article about Sam Humphries and his newly released collective comic book called Sacrifice. http://geek-news.mtv.com/2013/08/28/sam-humphries-sacrifice-interview/

I got the above from Epilepsy Ireland website.
    I think my daughter age 11 would love it, I don't know if comics like these have age limits on them.? Would anybody know. And where can I get it. I sent a request to the Epilepsy Ireland support group.
    All help appreciated. Thanks, Cathy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Actually sounds quite interesting. Dark Horse are a fairly big publisher, so you'd most likely get these in Forbidden Planet or Sub City, if you're in Dublin that is. Although you'd be better off ordering it from amazon, it'll cost a lot less :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Johnner69

'Absence', a super little Irish comic about epilepsy by Andy Luke and Stephen Downey, is posted online here: http://absencecomic.com/.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Andy Luke's Absence comic is fantastic, and definitely worth showing to your daughter.

As for Humphries' Sacrifice, any comic shop should be able to order it in for you. There's a thread with a list of retailers in Ireland here that might be of help. Though I would suggest looking into it a bit more before deciding for definite whether it's appropriate - the only Sam Humphries book I've read is Our Love Is Real, which would be decidedly unsuitable for your kid. According to the Sacrifice website you can buy digital copies of the single issues on Graphic.ly or Comixology, so you could try out the first issue and see if it's likely to be appropriate.

Advertisement