Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WFA War Underground Conference Nov 2013

Options
  • 30-08-2013 6:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭

for anyone with an interest in the underground war and the work of tunnelling companies :

War Underground Conference

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭johnny_doyle

additionally, there is an event at Reading Uni on Friday 18th October talking about the La Boiselle project plus other topics.

http://www.laboisselleproject.com/lecture/

It's like buses - two come along together in a short space of time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭johnny_doyle

went along to the event at Reading Uni. It was very well attended which surprised me - I thought it would be a small number of people.

I can't say I learnt much more about the tunnelling around La Boiselle than I already knew but it was good to hear the La Boiselle team talking about the project, its inception and some future activities. On my must visit list if I ever get over to France.

Also on the agenda was Tessa Dunlop with a discussion about Queen Marie of Romania. I had this down as a possible 40 winks moment but it was hilariously presented. A grand daughter of Queen Victoria married to a nephew(?) of the Kaiser who persuaded Romania to join in WW1 on the allied side in spite of strong links to Germany.

Hugh Dennis was next on the agenda talking about the research re 2 of his grandfathers for the Who Do You Think You Are episode he took part in. Well presented and interesting to hear how the programme is put together.

Wish I could get to the WFA talk on tunnelling this weekend but that's a not possible.

Advertisement