Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video/picture editor app question.

Options
  • 30-08-2013 2:09am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to make a short video clip but it only involves using one pic. I want it zoomed in as for as it can and over about 7 seconds the pic is zoomed out to the original size. But I can't seem to be able to do it.

I've tried Picassa on the laptop and also some free video apps on both android and apple but to no avail. I think I've checked the programmes thoroughly enough to realise it's not a function on the apps I've downloaded. But I could be wrong.

Does anybody know of a video or picture editor that does do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

I use the iMovie software that came bundled with my mac to do it. I'm not sure how tight it can zoom in before pulling out though.

It's called the Ken Burns effect and I reckon a lot of free slideshow software packages should manage it. If you have no joy, mail me the pic and I'll see what I can do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Are you trying to do this on a phone? Most windows desktop programs should have a scale option. Windows movie maker should be able to do it and it's free.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

ScumLord wrote: »
    Are you trying to do this on a phone? Most windows desktop programs should have a scale option. Windows movie maker should be able to do it and it's free.

Well, I'm a bit all over the place. Found a handy ap from Dakar's suggestion of Ken Burns. It does the job sufficiently, i did that on iPad. Have it made now but it's proving difficult or impossible to upload it to YouTube. It won't give an option other than Dropbox, iCloud or email and doesn't give a simple YouTube option.

Yeah the ability to zoom in as far as I could on laptop isn't nearly as good on the iPad. But it's kinda ok.

Just bloody head wreckin trying to upload it as I usually would. Complemexcated stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

humberklog wrote: »
    Well, I'm a bit all over the place. Found a handy ap from Dakar's suggestion of Ken Burns. It does the job sufficiently, i did that on iPad. Have it made now but it's proving difficult or impossible to upload it to YouTube. It won't give an option other than Dropbox, iCloud or email and doesn't give a simple YouTube option.

Yeah the ability to zoom in as far as I could on laptop isn't nearly as good on the iPad. But it's kinda ok.

Just bloody head wreckin trying to upload it as I usually would. Complemexcated stuff.

If the app can export via email - can you send it to yourself and then upload the attachment?

Edit- no idea why the grumpy smilie face appeared in the header!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

No joy there either L.

Bloody hell, I spent a half hour searching, loading, creating what I wanted. It went really easy and then i spent about three hours failing to upload it anywhere other than on the app Slideshow.
    Pain in the hole with it now, had loads of stuff to do today too...but ye can get mad stuck on that computer stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement