Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackouts and Attention

Options
  • 29-08-2013 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey boards!

So i've recently realized that I have to control my drinking. I'm such a quiet girl usually but as soon as I start drinking after 2-3 drinks I change completely.
    It's like I crave attention and shift anyone who gives me the slightest bit of attention.

I also suffer from total blackouts after a certain number of drinks, I'm fine one minute then the next i'm in blackout mode. I've been told that I don't come across as overly intoxicated but I never have any recollection of what I do etc?

I usually go out 5-6 times a month and on every single night I suffer from a blackout and severe hangovers that last 2-3 days.

I'm only 20 and was wondering if anyone else my age suffers from this and if you have any tips on how to control them?

I really don't know why I become a 'slut', maybe I just feel more confident when i've a few drinks.

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,420 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

A doctor would point you in the right direction if you're concerned about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I know how to stop the blackouts you but I need an upfront payment of €1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Louise2013 wrote: »
    Hey boards!

So i've recently realized that I have to control my drinking. I'm such a quiet girl usually but as soon as I start drinking after 2-3 drinks I change completely.
    It's like I crave attention and shift anyone who gives me the slightest bit of attention.

I also suffer from total blackouts after a certain number of drinks, I'm fine one minute then the next i'm in blackout mode. I've been told that I don't come across as overly intoxicated but I never have any recollection of what I do etc?

I usually go out 5-6 times a month and on every single night I suffer from a blackout and severe hangovers that last 2-3 days.

I'm only 20 and was wondering if anyone else my age suffers from this and if you have any tips on how to control them?

I really don't know why I become a 'slut', maybe I just feel more confident when i've a few drinks.

Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

What's your number?

This is an issue best discussed with a doctor or mental health professional and not with the people of After Hours.

Best of luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement