Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merlo Teleporter boom removal.. burst hose

Options
  • 29-08-2013 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    Have a hose burst in a merlo boom and am just wondering if anyone has worked on one or has any idea how to go about replacing it or even getting it replaced...
    thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Slideways

I've taken them out of Cat, JLG and Manitou. None are simple but the cat was probably the worst.
    Make sure and tie a rope to the old pipe before you pull it out.

Also, don't be tempted to get the hose any longer than you need it. Some bright spark did that on the manitou, all the excess of the hoses rode up on top of each other and made an unmerciful mess to sort out after.

If you have a third function you don't use you can swop the hoses and use it instead maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bouncer33

Thanks for the reply... All functions have stopped, also the booms were moving at different speeds in relation to each other before it stopped and then refused to fully retract.. I'm having nightmares about a reel broke or just a big godawful mess of hoses in there.. My previous post may have been a drastic understatement. Is it difficult to remove the boom?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Slideways

Have you any oil leaks?

It sounds more like electrical tbh if you have lost all the functions

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bouncer33

Ya I'm almost sure it's hydraulic, quite a substantial oil leak, is it possible for a hose to be pinched in the boom but not burst?? one function appears that way.. sluggish movements... Haven't really had a good look at it yet, it has been parked in the shed for months,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Bouncer33 wrote: »
    Ya I'm almost sure it's hydraulic, quite a substantial oil leak, is it possible for a hose to be pinched in the boom but not burst?? one function appears that way.. sluggish movements... Haven't really had a good look at it yet, it has been parked in the shed for months,
    Could be a ram seal either. Pulling the hindmost pin is easier than hoiking out the front pin and having to then flute around with re-pinning it. Whatever way you attack it, rather you than me. And you'll need a forklift or teleporter to handle the weight...

• Advertisement
Advertisement