Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please welcome ...

Options
  • 29-08-2013 8:39pm
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,770 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

... your new mod awec who has agreed to help out around here

Apparently .ak has a special initiation ceremony lined up, but I'll leave that for him to explain

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Beasty wrote: »

Apparently .ak has a special initiation ceremony lined up, but I'll leave that for him to explain

He has to become a Leinster fan?

Also, congrats Awec. Good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    He has to become a Leinster fan?

Sure he's already half way there at this stage :P

'Grats Awec

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'm still not drinking Harp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I thought he was already a mod....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Beasty wrote: »

He has to ban anyone who likes harp. I'm fairly sure that's only him, so some might say 'initiation', I prefer 'limbo'.
    Hagz wrote: »
    I thought he was already a mod....

awec moderated another forum, not the rugby forum. Most mods have the dream to one day become a rugby forum mod... It's sort of a prestigious thing, right after modding Classic Rock... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Good stuff - ulster contingent slowly taking over...

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Thanks all :)

I dreamt of this day as a young boy. The feeling to see my dream realised is amazing. My life has now peaked, it's all downhill from here. I am a rugby mod!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

awec wrote: »
    Thanks all :)

I dreamt of this day as a young boy. The feeling to see my dream realised is amazing. My life has now peaked, it's all downhill from here. I am a rugby mod!

I read this in robbie keane's voice (the today fm skit of him voice)...

So robbie how excited are you to be joining *insert club*

Ah, i always dreamt of this as a young boy...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Good man awec. Silly season was 1 week too long so, yeah!?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Congrats Awec! :)

(Although I think Ulster are getting above their station a bit... qualifying for Heineken Cup & pro12 finals... and now getting a new mod? Next they'll be winning things :pac: )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Grats lad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Congrats Awec! :)

(Although I think Ulster are getting above their station a bit... qualifying for Heineken Cup & pro12 finals... and now getting a new mod? Next they'll be winning things :pac: )

Ah don't raise his hopes too high.
    looking into my crystal ball I see Ulster celebrations come May, I see Bowe, Trimble & Jackson dancing around celebrating.........the fact that awec has the most bans in a season by a mod!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Congratulations awec, very shrewd appointment. First Joe Schmidt and now this! I cant cope with change.

In the interests of openness, I signed a 2 year mod contract worth 250,000 a year. Had to give my image rights to the forum to secure the deal.

When I got the phonecall last week I was immediately interested. Obviously when a big forum like Rugby comes calling you have to think hard about it. I'm just glad to be part of the team, there are some great mods here and hopefully I can add to that. Everyone wants to mod at the highest level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Sure you only had to move all the way to D4 to get this honour. I'm telling you, the Leinster contingent have this forum tied up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

He's only a token Ulster mod because Ulster have the highest number of rugby forum posters and Franno told me they have to be kept sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Congrats :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

In the interests of openness, I signed a 2 year mod contract worth 250,000 a year. Had to give my image rights to the forum to secure the deal.

When I got the phonecall last week I was immediately interested. Obviously when a big forum like Rugby comes calling you have to think hard about it. I'm just glad to be part of the team, there are some great mods here and hopefully I can add to that. Everyone wants to mod at the highest level.
    Is your modding above international standard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Your first job as Mod is to add a poll to this thread "Who is the funniest mod?"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

So this is how Al Gore felt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭accidentprone1

Hmmmm... I thought he already was? Shows how much I notice things around here. :s

Anyway, well done awec.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Congrats Awec!

does this mean i have to stop reporting all the posts you make saying harp is a good beer?

Burgo wrote: »
    Congrats Awec!

does this mean i have to stop reporting all the posts you make saying harp is a good beer?

I have already put forward a proposal for the forum to be renamed to "The Harp Lager Rugby Forum".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I have already put forward a proposal for the forum to be renamed to "The Harp Lager Rugby Forum".

Well I suppose some sort of sponsorship is needed to cover that fat new contract :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hrmmm, we've never had a post receive so many reports before....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

.ak wrote: »
    Hrmmm, we've never had a post receive so many reports before....

It should be added to the list of 4 lettered words that Boards automatically asterisks out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Turn down any offers from French rugby forums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

tolosenc wrote: »
    Turn down any offers from French rugby forums?

Awec is centrally contracted to boards.ie.

Advertisement