Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Address/Proof of Address

Options
  • 29-08-2013 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

I need proof of a new address which I dont have, hopefully by tomorrow. Anybody know if I go to my bank (Ulster Bank) with proof of ID and no proof of new address , will they change it for me? Also does anyone know if it would be then possible to print a statement for me with the new address?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

minty16 wrote: »
    I need proof of a new address which I dont have, hopefully by tomorrow. Anybody know if I go to my bank (Ulster Bank) with proof of ID and no proof of new address , will they change it for me? Also does anyone know if it would be then possible to print a statement for me with the new address?
    Thanks.

Hi, Pretty sure you need proof of address. Do you not have a utility bill/lease or a statement from another bank for proof of address?

Best bet would be to contact the bank and ask, but pretty sure they will insist on one of the above. ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

Thanks. All I have is a a letter from Sky to confirm my subscription, not a bill. They also have badly misspelled my name. ha. Would probably make the situation worse if anything?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Depends, they will not always ask for proof if you are already a customer.

The change will not take effect till at least the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

I changed my address last year with UlsterBank, i was asked to pop in my debit card, enter the pin, gave new address details, pressed OK in the pinpad, and thats it. No proof of address asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

minty16 wrote: »
    Thanks.

I misread your email, my apologies. If you already have an account and want to change the address on it, it's not that big of a deal.

I didn't need proof of address for AIB (Was constantly changing my address with college). All I did was go in and like another poster said, gave them my debit card, entered pin and it was all done.

They are only really strict when you are setting up a new bank account. Sorry about that. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement