Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions League Group Stage Betting

Options
  • 29-08-2013 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

Hi can someone help. I'm looking to do a bet on the champions league group. Pick who finishes 1st and 2nd in each group. Where would I find that bet? Would odds be up yet? All I can see is to win outright.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

The odds aren't up for this yet! I'd keep on eye on oddschecker for when they do eventually pop up. Could be tonight or tomorrow

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league

• Registered Users Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Ya I was looking at oddschecker already. So this bet can definitely be put on? Never done it before so I was wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Ya I was looking at oddschecker already. So this bet can definitely be put on? Never done it before so I was wondering

Yep! Should come under the name "straight forecast"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Without starting a new thread what do people think of the Europa league. Spurs look a great bet at 12/1. AVB won the competition before and tried hard to win it last year. They have a much stronger squad this season and i would be surprised if they don't go close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

Europa League is tough to call. Could be a third placed Champs League group team to win it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Without starting a new thread what do people think of the Europa league. Spurs look a great bet at 12/1. AVB won the competition before and tried hard to win it last year. They have a much stronger squad this season and i would be surprised if they don't go close.
    lahalane wrote: »
    Europa League is tough to call. Could be a third placed Champs League group team to win it too.

Like lahalane alluded to I don't think you could describe it as a great bet when you don't know who will be in the competition yet and looking at some of the Champions League groups there could be some real big hitters.

As for the much stronger squad, I personally think alot of Spurs signings have been over played a little, there are some good players there and some players with great potential, but definitely none of them anywhere near the class of Bale, Spurs defence hasn't been improved and I think that was an over sight aswell. Also Villa Boas may fell that trying to compete in the Europa last year was what cost them 4th place and that has to be the priority this season.

Its a no bet for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

United 5/6
    Bayern 3/5
    Dortmund 6/4
    Atletico Madrid 6/4

Looks tasty to me but these groups can have upsets.

Advertisement