Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert question about revision books?

Options
  • 29-08-2013 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey all i'v just started my leaving cert year and I was just wondering if revision books would cover nearly everything in the course? Or would I be missing major information, i find it too hard to study off my text books. And also could you's tell me what revision books is best for the subjects i'm doing. Thanks everyone. :)

Construction Studies (HL)
    Maths (OL)
    Chemistry (HL)
    Home Economics (HL)

The rest of the subjects i'm okay with its just these ones. Thanks again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Faroman wrote: »
    Hey all i'v just started my leaving cert year and I was just wondering if revision books would cover nearly everything in the course? Or would I be missing major information, i find it too hard to study off my text books. And also could you's tell me what revision books is best for the subjects i'm doing. Thanks everyone. :)

Construction Studies (HL)
    Maths (OL)
    Chemistry (HL)
    Home Economics (HL)

The rest of the subjects i'm okay with its just these ones. Thanks again!

Revision books often leave out stuff :/ i found a few good like the biology revise wise one but that was rare i think the rest are only to be used as extra resources with your book.I really think you should just use the home ec text book! i tried many revision books for home ec and nothing really worked , they all leave out bits , thats just my opinion! I know you need the basic theory , but after class and your textbook exam papers are all you need!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭GrezzC

Maths (OL)
    Chemistry (HL)

Chemistry you should get essentials unfolded! 90ish page pamphlet with everything. Only about 8 quid I believe!
    For maths I'd say online tutorials or one of the annonated exam solutions books because there isn't really a whole lot of rapid revision style stuff for the new project maths. Can't help with the other two I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Faroman

GrezzC wrote: »
    Chemistry you should get essentials unfolded! 90ish page pamphlet with everything. Only about 8 quid I believe!
    For maths I'd say online tutorials or one of the annonated exam solutions books because there isn't really a whole lot of rapid revision style stuff for the new project maths. Can't help with the other two I'm afraid!

Thanks a lot just wondering did you use this for your leaving cert and if so how did turn out for you. It looks good and its not even 7 quid! :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot just wondering did you use this for your leaving cert and if so how did turn out for you. It looks good and its not even 7 quid! :rolleyes:

Yep I used all of the things I quoted there, Chemistry essentials unfolded in particular I think was instrumental in me moving up to higher chemistry for my repeat. Plus you can read it on the move hassle free. (Not as a substitute for study but better than day dreaming when standing on a bus or something!)

GrezzC wrote: »
    Yep I used all of the things I quoted there, Chemistry essentials unfolded in particular I think was instrumental in me moving up to higher chemistry for my repeat. Plus you can read it on the move hassle free. (Not as a substitute for study but better than day dreaming when standing on a bus or something!)

I got essentials unfolded and i think it is amazing, Thank you so much I think it will help me a lot. I absolutely hates the text chemistry live it has so much unnecessary text and the essentials unfolded gets straight to the point in short detailed writing.

• Advertisement

Does anybody recommend a good home ec or construction studies revision book?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

I didn't do any of those subjects you mentioned but I did do Biology and used Revise Wise for that. You will find that revision books won't cover everything you need to know so what I did for Biology, and this applies for every subject, was work with the book alongside the syllabus. So every time I started a new chapter I would quickly compare the subjects in the chapter to what I needed to know on the syllabus. Then, if anything was left out I added it in pen to remind me! :) So essentially, my revision book became a syllabus book!

I got essentials unfolded and i think it is amazing, Thank you so much I think it will help me a lot. I absolutely hates the text chemistry live it has so much unnecessary text and the essentials unfolded gets straight to the point in short detailed writing.

Best of luck! Hope it serves you as well as it served me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

For chemistry i used the essential unfolded and rapid revision chemistry and they got me through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Speaking of which, has anyone got that biology experiments book? is it good?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Text books leave out stuff too. Make sure to check the syllabus to know exactly what you could be asked on.

Advertisement