Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians I want YOUR story!

Options
  • 29-08-2013 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello fellow musicians!

I am a musician and I am delighted to say that I have just been recently signed to a record company in London etc etc although to get to this level it has taken a long time,alot of hard work,loads of tears,lots of empty promises, I am still struggling, I am still unknown to the world but I am still going because I love it and its an addiction. Recently though its became tougher, more pressure and I wonder will all this hard work ever pay off or will I just quit. I keep saying I am going to quit when I have a bad day but because I love it so much its just not an option. The reason I am writing this though is because I want to hear your stories! Literally everything about you, your band, how you started,the knocks, the good times, the bad times, where you are today with your music or did you quit? OR Do you know of anyone OR if you would like to just comment then thats also fine :)
    Are we all going through the same sort of experience? I think this blog would be a nice way of hearing about other musicians and that we are not alone in this hard music industry....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Why not tell us your story 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Yourmusicstory

Why not tell us your story 1st?
    Lol na this thread is not about me i want to hear everyone elses!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Thinly veiled "I just got signed" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Auburn1

Spill the beans OP!!! How do you have all this time to "hear everyone else" if you 'just got signed'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Yourmusicstory

Auburn1 wrote: »
    Spill the beans OP!!! How do you have all this time to "hear everyone else" if you 'just got signed.

Just becus u get signed doesnt mean you dont have time to read threads lol i have an iphone?? im curious about other ppls stories because its been so hard for me and i was just wondering are others the same. I literally got signed bout a month ago so theres alot of waiting around before anything starts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Yourmusicstory, there's a general unspoken rule on boards that if you're gonna start a conversation, you have to be willing to give your side too. The posters here have already made it abundantly clear that if you're not gonna actually contribute to the thread you've started, then neither will they. As such, if you're not willing to contribute to your own thread, it will be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

How do you expect us to give any proper input if we dont know your story/whats happening with you etc? I was signed to a company in London a while back also but Im not just gonna write an essay if you wont even say whats going on with you man. Everyone has a different story anyway so need a particular thing or scenario to go by thats affecting you and maybe we can throw in our 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 thebrackster

Sounds like someone researching a book to me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Sounds like someone researching a book to me !

Or something of that sort.

Thread locked.

Advertisement