Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to study in France. Any advice?

Options
  • 29-08-2013 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello all boards members,

I am Debrorah, I originally came from Denmark and just finished high school and want to go in France to study...

I heard that France offers very good education and has most prestigious universities all over Europe. That's why many of my friends and family too are suggesting me to go there :rolleyes:

I am little bit confused about applying to a University in France. What do I need? How is cost living in France..

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PamelaGip

I think France is a romantic country. and I wish to go to France one day. and I used to learning French by myself, but,I gave up finally. a romantic but a difficult language..
    I would really suggest you studying in France - I am a student in France and everything is perfect. The educational system is great, the country sights are great and also people are the best. Also the prices are kind of the same as other countries - they do not differ a lot, but for more information check on webs online. Here is one web - also has all the information you need Important Cost of Living in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 suzie.v

Deborah, you could try and enrol for long distance classes in a Uni in France, just to see how you manage.
    Otherwise, I lived in France for 3 years and answering your question about the cost of living is a little difficult but I could tell you it's about the same as Ireland.
    As per what you need to enrol, well - first of all it would be knowing French, or if you want to try to find a special class for english speakers, it depends on what your choice of study will be.

Uni is much much cheaper than Ireland, that's for sure, it's around 600€ per year for everything, enrolment, classes and social security application.

I am a long distance myself in Paris 3, so if you need more details feel free to ask.
    Best of luck!

Advertisement