Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lublin/Wroclaw to Krakow

Options
  • 28-08-2013 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Anyone know the best way to make it from Lublin or Wroclaw to Krakow? Booked an apartment for four nights but didn't book the flights at the same time and now flights to Krakow from Dublin with Ryanair are €165 return per person. Flights to Wroclaw or Lublin though are only €75 and with the general low cost of living I thought a bus fare/train fare to Krakow from either city would be no more than €20 but the only mode of transport I've found is plane which is €150 return.

Any advice in things to do, places to eat etc in Krakow would be much appreciated too!

Thanks,
    Shane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

but the only mode of transport I've found is plane which is €150 return.

How hard did you look, exactly?

http://www.raileurope-world.com/ have tickets from Wrocław to Krakow for €25-€35, so that is the sort of number involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭PhosphoricAcid

I went on to websites selling train tickets, saw prices of €72 on one and the other was in Polish. Couldn't find any other ones on google.

Thanks for that I'll have a look at it!

The PKP site has a flag to change language

http://intercity.pl/en/

Saw the prices there on the website you showed me. Great value at €52 for two youths return but didn't realize it's 5 hours and 15 minutes from Wroclaw to Krakow. They're only 290km away which in Ireland would take around 3-3 and a half hours on a direct Irish train. Can't find any prices from Lublin to Krakow,

Trains in Poland lack a certain sense of urgency.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Look at flights to Katowice instead.

Can you fly to Katowice with Ryanair?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

I just travelled from Wroclaw to Krakow a few hours ago.

I got a bus (Lajkonikbus was the company I went with), it cost 10 euros and took 3 hours. Reasonably comfortable although it was completely full. It might be good to book ahead on their website.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Can you fly to Katowice with Ryanair?

Yes you can - not every day though. Depends on your dates as to whether it would suit, but it's only an hour or so from Krakow.

Yeah just saw the prices for Katowice, nearly half the price! Thanks for the help everyone

• Advertisement
Advertisement