Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA - Formal Education?

Options
  • 28-08-2013 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all, i am 19 years old and have been told i can apply for the BTEA by the local employment service. I have accepted my offer to ITB for a level 7 full time course in engineering. This will be my third year out of school but the past year i have been on jobseekers allowance, The year before i was doing a plc (level 5) inwhich i did not get a full award (failed 2 modules).

It says on the citizensinfo page that to qualify for the BTEA i need to be on jobseekers for atleast 9 months and out of formal education 2 years.

What is formal education and will my PLC count? It has me very confused and am wondering will i qualify. Someone told me i will because i am going up a level and because i didnt get a full fetac award.

Can anyone clarify this for me please??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,001 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I'm not fully sure.

It says on welfare.ie and citizensinformation.ie that you "may qualify"

Maybe ring the DSP BTEA section

Locall:1890 927 999 or ask your LES mediator

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AaronGallagher

I have already handed the forms in and the girl i handed them into ran through them real quick and told me to to come back in september with a letter from the college to say i registered.. I dont know what to make of it, also can i still apply for a maintenance grant if i dont get the btea? I already applied for the fees part online!

I have already handed the forms in and the girl i handed them into ran through them real quick and told me to to come back in september with a letter from the college to say i registered.. I dont know what to make of it, also can i still apply for a maintenance grant if i dont get the btea? I already applied for the fees part online!

Yes if you don't get BTEA inform SUSI and you will still be able to apply for the maintenance part

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AaronGallagher

How though? i got a letter from susi this morning saying they need all the forms sent back by the 10th of september.. I wont even find out if i got the btea until around the 20th.. i register on the 12th of september..Any idea on what i should do? Also how would i go about applying for the maintenance part now if i have already sent in my application?

How though? i got a letter from susi this morning saying they need all the forms sent back by the 10th of september.. I wont even find out if i got the btea until around the 20th.. i register on the 12th of september..Any idea on what i should do? Also how would i go about applying for the maintenance part now if i have already sent in my application?

Send through all the forms that SUSI need. If you don't get BTEA at that stage tell SUSI

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement