Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming/collage laptop

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

The US price looks very tempting... unfortunately, after it's long anticipated arrival in Ireland the pricing has changed dramatically (1,200 yoyos). We have an ongoing thread re the Y510p here in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 djryano

Torqay wrote: »
    The US price looks very tempting... unfortunately, after it's long anticipated arrival in Ireland the pricing has changed dramatically (1,200 yoyos). We have an ongoing thread re the Y510p here in this forum.

Really! How in gods name can they do that:( Can i not just order it of this website?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

They don't appear to ship outside the US and Canada on that site.

The base price of the laptop is 1199USD with a 350USD coupon...

djryano wrote: »
    Really! How in gods name can they do that:( Can i not just order it of this website?

Probably not, since they do business in Ireland. You may have a friend/relative in the US buying it for you and send it over but you're still liable for 23% VAT.

Probably not, since they do business in Ireland. You may have a friend/relative in the US buying it for you and send it over but you're still liable for 23% VAT.

Yeah my sister is over there but then i would have to pay that vat and postage would be way to dare.. Do you have anything in mind that would suit for my price range..

• Advertisement

TBH, 600 yoyos won't buy you a gaming laptop.

Any particular games you have in mind?

Well it dosnt have to be the bomb.. i just want it to be fast as i do video editing and stuff like that.. i dont want a laptop thats going to play bf4 on ultra graphics or anything.. something that at least could run dayz arma 3
    Thanks for the reply btw

While certain video and image editing programs benefit from hardware acceleration, processing power and system memory are more important.

While certain video and image editing programs benefit from hardware acceleration, processing power and system memory are more important.

Ok thanks for all the info.. can you link me to something that you think would be best also dont mind getting a second hand laptop

Advertisement