Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If wife defaults on CC will I be blacklisted on ICB?

Options
  • 28-08-2013 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Quick question..........................

My wife has a credit card in her name , I`m a 2nd card holder.
    If she defaults on payments and is blacklisted for 5 years etc.... will I also be blacklisted or would I be able to get a credit card in my name?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Im open to correction, but my understanding is that your wife is the account holder and is alone responsible for any debts built up on the card, whether she was the one doing the spending or anu of the other card holders. I dont think it would have any affect on your credit rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The problem is is both of you apply for a mortgage, you suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Marchbride

wmpdd3 wrote: »

I got caught in same situation. We just found out that my dh was blacklisted yr n a half ago as we are currently in process of applying for a mortgage. Imagine my shock!!!!! So I think it affects you when it comes to joint applications such as mortgage applications but if you're applying for individual loan/cred card you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭beetlebailey

wmpdd3 wrote: »

No plans to apply for mortgage so thats not an issue anyway can`t afford the one we have at the moment , thats part of the problem!
    Neither of us are really comfortable with the idea of her defaulting,we`re just trying to work out pros and cons, see what all our options are.
    CC company aren`t very helpful so in a way I feel its a no brainer but I`m sure I`m missing something.

Advertisement