Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I thought we were broke!

Options
  • 28-08-2013 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭

According to http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/weekly-earnings-cso-2-1057760-Aug2013/

"Weekly earnings in the public sector, including semi-state companies rose by 1.3 per cent in the year to the end of June, bringing average weekly earnings to €928.76. There was a one per cent rise in the private sector in the same period, putting weekly earnings at €623.17."

We're still borrowing €1billion a month because our costs outstrip our income. We have tax, after tax, after tax being introduced so we can balance the books.

I know it seems very strange in this bloody country, but how about cutting some of the friggin' costs for a change!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

you posted that twice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

woodoo wrote: »
    you posted that twice

Three times actually. I have asked the mods to delete the extras (you can delete posts but you need special rights to delete threads).

The report button has disappeared from the mobile interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BillG

I know it seems very strange in this bloody country, but how about cutting some of the friggin' costs for a change!!!!

Simples, it is much, much easier for politicians to tax workers and industry than it is to take on civil servants and the unemployed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭rumour

Yes, it's called making the hard choices or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

They should start with their own wages first and move onto the directors of semi state bodies. I know people in the public sector and what they earn is not alot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement