Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Transfer; Gave Wrong A/C Info!!!

Options
  • 28-08-2013 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

Please help me;

I was due to get money from my ex-employer and gave my bank details. I used the account number and sort code of my Ulster Bank a/c but told my employer that they were the details of my AIB a/c.

Have let my employer know of the error but am not sure if the money was transferred yet.

My worry is that the money will get sent into a random AIB a/c based on the alien numbers. Is that a justified worry to have or will the sort code be recognised as an Ulster Bank account and the money end up in my Ulster Bank account? Alternatively, given my name and bank, despite the Ulster Bank details, will the money end up in my AIB account?

Thank you anybody!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

The sort code tells the destination bank and branch. It will go to your UB account.

Advertisement