Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can any Past PDGE English and RE students from Trinity help me with lesson plans?

Options
  • 28-08-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi there, I am starting the PDGE in Trinity this year (taking English as my major subject and religion as my minor). I am starting my teaching practice this week so have to start lesson plans. I was given a lesson plan template from Trinity but I am unsure exactly how to do it, how detailed should it be etc.

if there is past pupil from the same course I would really appreciate some guidance or advice. If I could just get my hands on one copy of a lesson plan I would be delighted as I could use it as a guide.

if you think you can help please reply. Thanks so much.

also I am looking for any second hand books to buy for this course.

help... im freaking out :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

why don't you attach the template and you might get some pointers for each section.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 emmielou87

LESSON PLANNING RECOMMENDED SECTION HEADINGS IN EACH LESSON PLAN
    DATE
    LENGTH OF LESSON (MINS)
    TIME
    TOPIC/SUB-TOPIC
    SUBJECT

STATEMENT OF STUDENTS’ PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE OF THE SUBJECT MATTER

AIM(S) OF THE LESSON : a general statement of intent – normally one aim is adequate for a lesson

OBJECTIVES (behavioural and/or non-behavioural) Learner centered: what you expect the students to have achieved by the end of the lesson as a result of your instruction. At the end of the lesson students will….. Is there coherence between the lesson objectives, teaching methods, content and assessment?

STATEMENT OF CONTENT AND SKILLS Briefly outline the content/knowledge/concepts/principles/skills to be taught. Is the content and skills appropriate to the objectives and the ability of the students? What approaches will you take to promoting students’ competence in literacy and numeracy?

CLASSROOM ORGANISATION Individual/paired/group/whole class Implications for differentiation

ASSESSMENT Briefly outline how student learning will be assessed (in relation to the lesson objectives) Creating an appropriate balance between Assessment of Learning and Assessment for Learning

RESOURCES Briefly outline the resources to be used by teacher and/or students. Have the teaching materials been selected for their appropriateness and motivational value? Have I made provision for as wide a range of resources as possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

ok, what do you plan to teach? The plan looks scarier than it is. Eg resources, textbook PowerPoint etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Afroshack

emmielou87 wrote: »
    Hi there, I am starting the PDGE in Trinity this year (taking English as my major subject and religion as my minor). I am starting my teaching practice this week so have to start lesson plans. I was given a lesson plan template from Trinity but I am unsure exactly how to do it, how detailed should it be etc.

if there is past pupil from the same course I would really appreciate some guidance or advice. If I could just get my hands on one copy of a lesson plan I would be delighted as I could use it as a guide.

if you think you can help please reply. Thanks so much.

also I am looking for any second hand books to buy for this course.

help... im freaking out :eek:

Qualified English teacher, feel free to PM me with any questions - ideally let me know the topic and I can try give you suggestions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 emmielou87

Afroshack wrote: »
    Qualified English teacher, feel free to PM me with any questions - ideally let me know the topic and I can try give you suggestions :)

Thank you so much afroshack. Will pm u tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement