Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting my Paypal info

Options
  • 28-08-2013 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

I have a stag coming up next month. I applied for novelty id cards off this website. One of the payment methods was paypal on condition you pay minimum of 100 pound.
    The buyer sent me an email today requesting the following from me:

Thank you for your order, we apologise for the delay in responding to you for security reasons before we send you payment instructions could you confirm the following.

Paypal Account First Name & Last Name:

Paypal Account Verified Address:

Paypal Account Email:

Once we receive the above information we will send you payment instructions upon verification.

I am reluctant to give them this info since they have a photo of me and my friends. Could they use this info to commit fraud? I don't understand why they need this info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Can you post a link ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭dpp v mcgee

• Registered Users Posts: 68,273 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Considering what they're selling are fake driving licences, etc, under the pretence that they're "novelty", I wouldn't give them any more info at all. They're already obviously dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

You need to only google the website to see it is a scam.

Keep away from it - don't part with your money

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BinaryFinary

I'd be uncomfortable with that website to be honest. Regarding them asking for the info,

"Paypal Account First Name & Last Name:

Paypal Account Verified Address:

Paypal Account Email:"

that can be common practice on sites like ebay. It's where the seller is looking for verification from the customer to check if the buyer is a scammer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement