Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog vomited??

Options
  • 28-08-2013 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

So, I put the dog's food out and he ate it - pretty normal :o

But then he came into the living room, lay on the floor beside me and after about 5 minutes, he vomited the whole lot back up :confused: Most of it was only partially digested, some not even at that! I jumped up to get some kitchen paper to clean it, and when I got back in, he had eaten it!!

Is this normal? He seems absolutely fine now, no more chugging/retching, and he's asleep on his daddy's chair for his lunch-time nap!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I wouldn't be too worried unless he continues to vomit. Sometimes eating too fast can make them bring it all back up again, so watch for him bolting his meals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

If it's a one off then I wouldn't be worried. Some dogs just eat far too quickly and it results in it coming straight back up and yes eating it again straightaway is normal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

anniehoo wrote: »
    If it's a one off then I wouldn't be worried. Some dogs just eat far too quickly and it results in it coming straight back up and yes eating it again straightaway is normal too.

I reckon that must be it - it's been about an hour and he hasn't gotten sick again. Was more concerned about the fact that he ate it again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Was more concerned about the fact that he ate it again :o
    Some dogs eat far more disgusting things than this (coprophagia anyone?)....so a regurgitated dinner wouldn't surprise me in the least. They don't see it as vomit....just more food :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Some dogs eat far more disgusting things than this (coprophagia anyone?)....so a regurgitated dinner wouldn't surprise me in the least. They don't see it as vomit....just more food :D

hey, bonus food - he got to eat it TWICE :rolleyes: at least he ate his own vomit - my dog ate one of my other dogs regurgitated dinner recently :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭carav10

aonb wrote: »
    hey, bonus food - he got to eat it TWICE :rolleyes: at least he ate his own vomit - my dog ate one of my other dogs regurgitated dinner recently :eek:

My dog sometimes eats my other dog's poop but not her own if I don't get to it fast enough, first time she had her feast, she brought it all back up again on the kitchen floor...niiiiice.
    Sometimes she'll bring her food back up again, usually at night, and sometimes like this morning there'll be lovely grassy liquid with a grassy lump on the floor to greet me. Usually from too much grass eating.

So no, I wouldn't worry too much about it unless they're acting unwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 name0123

yea completely normal (as long as its not continuosly happening)

mine used to enjoy getting in to the field and eating cow poo and often vomited back up in the kitchen :(

but yea them eating their own vomited dinner is not a concern, saves you some cleaning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

My cat does the same thing. She eats quickly and often without chewing, then she vomits her food and some minutes later she eats it again :p
    No need to clean the floor ;)

Advertisement