Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controlling the Weather - something new?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Lets change the atmosphere, because that won't cause problems for elsewhere.

So if you could change Irish weather, would you do it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Maldesu wrote: »
    Lets change the atmosphere, because that won't cause problems for elsewhere.

So if you could change Irish weather, would you do it?
    Not this summer.

We give out about our climate and it can definitely be tiresome.
    Without this temperate climate though, what state would agriculture and forestry be in?

I won't be investing in a laser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

slowburner wrote: »
    Not this summer.

We give out about our climate and it can definitely be tiresome.
    Without this temperate climate though, what state would agriculture and forestry be in?

I won't be investing in a laser.

I kinda like the weather here. Sure it can be a bit crappy at times, but we have it pretty good. No extreme temps (high or low) that make life overly difficult. No hurricanes, tornadoes or earthquakes for the most part (though not all of that is weather related).

I think a lot of people have forgotten how reliant Ireland (and a individual human) has on a good source of agriculture. We need it to feed our cows, so we can have burgers and live etc. Sure technology has helped some, but the hell I'm eating a lab made burger!
    To some, this laser stuff is a great idea, it could really help in countries where excessive heat has led to extreme conditions and such, but screw around at the wrong place to fast and there can be no going back.

Advertisement