Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What to do with 3 acres of land???

Options
  • 28-08-2013 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi everyone.

I have inherited approximately 3 acres of very good agricultural land in Co. Kerry. It has good secure boundaries and comes with some sheds/out houses.
    In my opinion the most obvious option is to get a herd number and put some sheep on it but maybe there are other options that I haven't considered.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Maybe you could re-post over in the farming and forestry forum. Do you live near it? The land that is.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭kerryman10

blue5000 wrote: »
    Maybe you could re-post over in the farming and forestry forum. Do you live near it? The land that is.

Thanks, I will try the farming forum and yes I live beside the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

You could grow fast growing willow & harvest every 5 yrs for bio-fuel but maybe the land is too good for that?

Advertisement