Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads opening up in new tab when I click on anything

Options
  • 28-08-2013 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, Mods please remove to necessary forum if required.

Everytime I click on anything when surfing the web, a pop-up ad automatically opens up in a new tab (I'm using Google chrome). It's driving me mental and I just need to know how to stop it and get rid of whatever is causing it.
    The OH downloaded something a good while ago and I'm guessing that's the cause of it but it's only recently it has started doing this opening up pop-up Lottery ads and other such sh!te all the time.
    Even if I just click on an empty part of the screen, a new ad appears. There are always ads plastered all over the screen, no matter what site I'm on (like, more than usual!), those stupid "Man has made a new slimming pill, doctors hate him", "Looking for a gf tonight?" ads on the right hand side of the screen.

Can someone please, please tell me how I can get rid of whatever is causing this, as I'm going to put my fist through the screen soon with these stupid ads constantly popping up. I'm fairly clueless when it comes to computers tbh!

Many thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement