Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September LGBT Monthly Meet up (Fri 6th; 6:30pm), J.W. Sweetman (All Welcome!)

Options
  • 27-08-2013 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

So since September is nearly upon us and I have been quite the regular at this, I figured it was my time to get the ball rolling for the next meet up.

But, before we get into specifics about the actual meet up, it's important to reiterate that this meet up is intended for everybody interested in coming and meeting similar LGBT folk in a comfortable everyday spot. In the past on the forum, I have noticed that there has been quite the confusion between this meet up as being solely a 'student meet up'. Of course, it cannot be denied that the original dynamic was to allow people of a similar age/background to realise that other people are in a similar situation and, from which, a support network (and a few laughs) can be had. The latter is most definitely needed considering how emotional it can be coming to terms with sexuality. Nevertheless,we have welcomed many individuals who have finished college, been working for a few years, who want to chat, mingle and, if they want, share their tales of being homosexual, etc. So I hope you do consider coming and feel that you will be welcomed.

On a personal note, I do hope you consider coming if you're free. I have found it amazing on so many levels to meet ordinary folk who happen to be LGBT in such a natural setting. For one, it helped me to realise that being gay is only one aspect of your personality and that I was not alone in my insecurities.

So now to the finer details (before I get more emotional :P), I was thinking we could keep the meet up on the Friday since it's always voted for on Fridays. So that would make it the 6th September. We'll keep it in J.W. Sweetmans (Formerly Messer Maguires) just off O'Connell Bridge. As usual, I'll make sure a table is reserved or that I bomb a particular area for us to chat in over a few drinks. In any case, I'll be there at 6.30 for sure (even if I get a job/remained unemployed in the meantime :P), Then, we'll probably head off to a nightclub, which will be hotly debated/contested (if it's WAR at ALT :P)

So sign up on the list and let's do this :cool:

LIST

1. playedalive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

You're all bad homos...Limerick Pride is on that weekend, which is where I'll be :pac:

Great post BTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

ninty9er wrote: »
    You're all bad homos...Limerick Pride is on that weekend, which is where I'll be :pac:

Great post BTW

Awkward :o. But, have fun anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

I should be free that night :)

1. playedalive
    2. face1990

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Arghhh dammit, have to be out for a friend's birthday that night and she was going to go to WAR but I think she's changed her mind. :pac:

Canard wrote: »
    Arghhh dammit, have to be out for a friend's birthday that night and she was going to go to WAR but I think she's changed her mind. :pac:

Wise girl. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tainor

I should be able to make it this time around, lets hope :) Hmmm would this turn out to be a party of 3 LOL

1. playedalive
    2. face1990
    3. Tainor

Tainor wrote: »
    Hmmm would this turn out to be a party of 3 LOL

That could mean more beermats or candles for me and others to play with. This is not good :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6 collegelad

Hey,

So i've never been to one of these meet-ups before but thinking of coming along to this one. Hopefully i'll be free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tster

Ill more than likely be there!! The promise of candle/beermat sculptures - couldn't keep me away!!

1. playedalive
    2. face1990
    3. Tainor
    4. Tster

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Pretty sure I can make this one. Based on a last meetup, for the sake of everyone...I will pace myself and try and stay on the 7UP this time *shudders*... :D

1. playedalive
    2. face1990
    3. Tainor
    4. Tster
    5. Ash885

• Advertisement

Ash885 wrote: »
    Pretty sure I can make this one. Based on a last meetup, for the sake of everyone...I will pace myself and try and stay on the 7UP this time *shudders*... :D/QUOTE]

Ditto. I hear you. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Shame, I'd love to go so I can meet y'all and have a bit of craic and a few of JW Sweetman's nice house craft beers but I'm going home to Limerick this weekend. I'll do my best to make the next meetup though:)

BTW if ye are gettin somethin to eat in JW Sweetman's they do really good burgers

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cosmic Maybe

1. playedalive
    2. face1990
    3. Tainor
    4. Tster
    5. Ash885
    6. Cosmic Maybe

I should be able to make it this time :D

Just to confirm, I'll be in Sweetmans from 6.30 onwards. I'll get a table on the 2nd/third floor. I'll also try to source a beautiful 'boards.ie' sign ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

I'm heading to the Ireland Sweden match tomorrow but I might see where yizzir are after :P

tumblr_m5mw2zPzXI1qzj0bp.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cosmic Maybe

Just in case anyone's lost we're at a table under the stairs. The usual spots been robbed!!! :O

I hope you all had a good night. Till the next one.

T'was good craic. I enjoyed it ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

I still can't believe the Dragon is doing €3 pints of Tennents!! (I know Tennents is muck, but it's cheap muck)
    The overpriced drinks were the only think keeping me away from the Dragon.

• Advertisement

face1990 wrote: »
    I still can't believe the Dragon is doing €3 pints of Tennents!! (I know Tennents is muck, but it's cheap muck)

Probably for the best I didn't know this offer exsisted!!! :D But next time...oh dear...

face1990 wrote: »

And I paid 6.10 for a pint of Heineken. Sad times.

Advertisement