Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Permanet Broadband...thoughts?

• 27-08-2013 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello there, I'm planning on getting a 10mbps broadband connection and phone bundle installed from Permanent Broadband in the near future.

Was just wondering if anyone is using it at the moment, would you recommend it? Is there any usage cap put on it? Is it a reliable connection? I currently live in the countryside so there are not many other broadband options available to me at the moment. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Hello there, I'm planning on getting a 10mbps broadband connection and phone bundle installed from Permanent Broadband in the near future.

Was just wondering if anyone is using it at the moment, would you recommend it? Is there any usage cap put on it? Is it a reliable connection? I currently live in the countryside so there are not many other broadband options available to me at the moment. Thanks :)

I had them before I moved house. Can't get it now due to no line of sight which is a pity

I world recommend them highly from my experience. Little or no down time. Speeds remained constant throughout the day, evening and night. They have Fair usage policy but I often went through 100gb a month with no questions. I read somewhere there's a fair use of 40gb but once you don't take the compete piss you should be grand

I found their technical support very competent abd knowledgeable when I needed then. I'm with three now and only wish I could get permanet.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7 andrewmuir12

numorouno wrote: »
    I had them before I moved house. Can't get it now due to no line of sight which is a pity

I world recommend them highly from my experience. Little or no down time. Speeds remained constant throughout the day, evening and night. They have Fair usage policy but I often went through 100gb a month with no questions. I read somewhere there's a fair use of 40gb but once you don't take the compete piss you should be grand

I found their technical support very competent abd knowledgeable when I needed then. I'm with three now and only wish I could get permanet.......

Thanks very much for the reply - I've decided that I'm going to go ahead and try them out! Nothing to lose.

I've been with O2 for a long time now and just I can't stand them. Never tried 3 but hopefully they are better than what O2 are for your sake! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Thanks very much for the reply - I've decided that I'm going to go ahead and try them out! Nothing to lose.

I've been with O2 for a long time now and just I can't stand them. Never tried 3 but hopefully they are better than what O2 are for your sake! :eek:

Hope so!! They carry out a test before they install it so if you can't get a good service they won't install. Your On a winner.im changing from 3 now to anyone I can get. They are crap beyond belief

Advertisement