Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foriegn Coins

Options
  • 27-08-2013 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Is there anywhere ,ideally in Dublin, where i can exchange foreign coins fro Euro? I have a few bags of Dollar and UK Sterling coins. Not a huge amount but dead money i would like to spend somehow.

thanks,
    John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I'll be corrected if I am wrong but no bank takes FX coin. Some charities will take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

find a friend traveling to UK or USA and strike a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,362 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

homer911 wrote: »
    find a friend traveling to UK or USA and strike a deal.

Maybe someone going to the UK but spending coins in the US is difficult outside McDonalds and coffee shops. Even a USD 50c coin is worth less than EUR 40c. Why would anyone be bother lugging bags of useless coins all the way to the US?

OP, give the US coins to a charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Rory1

coylemj wrote: »
    Maybe someone going to the UK but spending coins in the US is difficult outside McDonalds and coffee shops. Even a USD 50c coin is worth less than EUR 40c. Why would anyone be bother lugging bags of useless coins all the way to the US?

OP, give the US coins to a charity.

What charity would accept them? Do you know. I have some, not a huge amount but would be nice to get rid of them

• Registered Users Posts: 25,362 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Rory1 wrote: »
    What charity would accept them? Do you know. I have some, not a huge amount but would be nice to get rid of them

There are charity coin collection points in most airports.

• Advertisement
Advertisement