Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Cowen first interview since leaving office

Options
  • 27-08-2013 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Brian Cowen will give a candid interview on TG4 Thursday September 5th at 7.30pm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Brian Cowen will give a candid interview on TG4 Thursday September 5th at 7.30pm.

Sober?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

What about? Is he returning to politics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Decided to do it now since the Banks tapes scandal has blown over. Interesting that he chose TG4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

If it's on Thursday night I presume it's going to be on Comhrá.

Comhrá with Máirtín Tom Sheáinín is like eavesdropping a chat between the post mistress and the postman. Comhrá is not a difficult encounter. It's basically stuffed with light hearted, rose tinted anecdotes about the inevitable "good old days", heritage, and family life trí mheán na gaeilge.

It won't deliver much as a political interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Just to remind us all that everything was the fault of Leamahn Brothers...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

washman3 wrote: »
    Just to remind us all that everything was the fault of LENIHAN FAMILY...

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

If it's on Thursday night I presume it's going to be on Comhrá.

Comhrá with Máirtín Tom Sheáinín is like eavesdropping a chat between the post mistress and the postman. Comhrá is not a difficult encounter. It's basically stuffed with light hearted, rose tinted anecdotes about the inevitable "good old days", heritage, and family life trí mheán na gaeilge.

It won't deliver much as a political interview.

Ah, so it's more of a chat across the hedge than a thorough political interview. He'll probably spend more time talking about golf than politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

COYW wrote: »
    Ah, so it's more of a chat across the hedge than a thorough political interview. He'll probably spend more time talking about golf than politics.

He is probably on safer ground there, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

The only interview that I would like to see with Cowen , Martin or Bertie is where they are strapped to a polygraph.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

According to an interview he did with the Indo. He is still saying that he defends the bank guarantee which costed the state €64 billion.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/we-never-saw-crash-coming-we-had-no-plan-b-cowen-admits-29532242.html

Would you believe him if his government had no plan B. I wouldn't think so!

Probably too lazy not to implement anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

It will be a damp squib. Back in 2008 some ff spin doctor dreamt up how to apologise for ruining the county without really apologising at all.

"Brian are you sorry?"

"If I did anything wrong then of course I'm sorry."

Admit nothing. Eamon O'Cuiv was trying out the same trick on Newstalk this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It'll just be some pathetic TnG crap. There's bugger all on that channel worth bothering with.

Any kind of decent Irish political programming died when 'Questions and Answers' went off the air.

All Cowen will do is just hold up his hands like a muppet and say "we didn't know"

Didn't know, me arse.

We need a Jeremy Paxman in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Yep. Pat Kenny gone, John Bowman (all but) gone.

Claire Byrne? ffs. From 'showbiz' on The daily Show to being the voice of political accountability...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Will he mention this tribute?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Icepick

The only interview I want to see him in is a welcome chat with a prison officer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Hedgemeister

raymon wrote: »
    The only interview that I would like to see with Cowen , Martin or Bertie is where they are strapped to a polygraph.
    which in turn is wired directly to a nuclear power station.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,559 ✭✭✭✭Sand

It turns out Cowen and his government essentially had no idea what they were doing and had no plan or clue. He admits to just ignoring dissenting views - not evaluating them and finding them wanting, just plain out ignoring them. Embarrassing for the green jersey brigade who I understood criticized others for not having a fully detailed and costed solution to the Irish crisis.
    “Well, the truth is that we didn’t believe it. We thought the economy would have a soft landing, that economic growth would continue and we could pay for it through the growth that was to come,” he said.
    “other things started to happen, which we hadn’t foreseen”.

It's like I say - In Ireland, no one ever asks the government to justify its policy. The burden of evidence is always with those who disagree with the government. We get the government we deserve.

Advertisement