Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chance to take CCNA twice before Sept 30th?

Options
  • 27-08-2013 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to take CCNA 640-802 before it expires in September. I would like to give myself time to retake it before Sept 30th in the case that I fail.
    Time is tight, and I don't want to take it first time until September 20th or so. That only gives me 10 days for the retake, and I would reckon there will be quite a few taking around then too. So may be tricky to book the retake after Sept 20th.
    What are my options? If I booked the retake date now in advance, could I cancel it later if I pass the first time?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

you cant book the same exam twice (I've tried) , you'll have to take the exam , then rebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Could be tight then. Not many slots left even now for September in most centres

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Id say you would be fine, luck you having the money for a retake :)

I sat mine today and failed, really annoyed about it because I studied fairly hard (CBT,trainsignal, wendell, cisco academy n loads more) cisco just word the questions awkwardly. Would like to give it another go but don't have the money or time, I may chance the new course after xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Booked in for Sept 19th anyway so hoping to have time to retake before 30th. I need to leave it at least 48 hrs.
    My employer will pay if I pass, so not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Don't want to hijack this thread, but reckon the right people will see it here, I've been doing an online course the last while which "covers" ICND1 and ICND2, but I'm pretty sure it in no way covers all that is required. All the modules are videos of a person talking to the screen or over a slide, but large chunks of the module videos are "labs" where the lecturer says what he's going to do, and then the video ends. I was trying to push myself to get the course done in time for the end of September deadline, but now I'm wondering if that'd be a waste of money, and I'm better off getting better lessons elsewhere.
    Could anyone recommend a good online course which will cover the new syllabus that's starting in October?
    Also on a side note, never do any online training from systematiccorporation.com, if their other courses are anything like this one, it's not worth the money.

edit: also just noticed that this thread has been quiet for the last 3 weeks, sorry 'bout that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

I would highly recommend www.ine.com. I'm using them for CCNP R&S at the moment. From time to time they have special deals on courses with good discounts. I'll be using them for my CCIE studies once I get past CCNP.

Good luck with you studies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

Also use this rather than Packet tracer etc.

http://www.gns3.net/

I've had a lot of Cisco certified people where I work recommend using this...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Just took and failed icnd2 (scored 720 , needed 825)
    wont let me retake the exam until oct 3rd , so I'm going to push on and do some microsoft exams and come back to cisco once the new exams have calmed down a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

horgan_p wrote: »
    Just took and failed icnd2 (scored 720 , needed 825)
    wont let me retake the exam until oct 3rd , so I'm going to push on and do some microsoft exams and come back to cisco once the new exams have calmed down a bit...

Hard luck lad, I also failed, I was gutted but a came away happy enough with the experience and the fact that I know I studied hard and didn't cheat

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

neonman wrote: »
    I would highly recommend www.ine.com. I'm using them for CCNP R&S at the moment. From time to time they have special deals on courses with good discounts. I'll be using them for my CCIE studies once I get past CCNP.

Good luck with you studies.

Wow, realised now I never responded to this, but thank you! Started on it today, the CCNA course is currently streaming for free which is a nice touch, just did the introduction and it seems quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 bbel121

According to Cisco's policy, you can't retake the exam for 6 months if you fail. That is what I saw on my registration paperwork. But that said, I know lots of students who failed and rescheduled for a week or so later. It seems that the testing centers do not enforce that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

bbel121 wrote: »
    According to Cisco's policy, you can't retake the exam for 6 months if you fail.
    You misread it. You can't retake the exam for 180 days if you pass it. If you fail then you have to wait 5 days before you can retake it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is there a logical reason why you'd retake one you've passed at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

MYOB wrote: »
    Is there a logical reason why you'd retake one you've passed at all?

I'd imagine it is to hinder those who create braindumps.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Kinet1c wrote: »
    I'd imagine it is to hinder those who create braindumps.

Yeah, I guessed that's why they'd have a time limit but I'm more wondering why they even let someone re-do an exam they've passed.

Advertisement