Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mantis Tiller cuts out

Options
  • 27-08-2013 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

I have a 4 stroke Mantis tiller, petrol. The machine's spark plug, oil and oil filter have recently been cleaned/changed

I'm having trouble, here's what is happening. I start the engine and with my hand on the trottle let it idle for a few minutes. Eventually I give it full power but it takes a little while to reach working speed.

Here's my problem. I take my hand off the trottle, say to lift a stone or do something else and within 10-15 seconds the machine cuts out. Now it shouldn't do that. As far as I know it should idle away for some time as it has in the past.

Anyone give me advice as to what my solution could be.

As always many thanks for your replies.

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It has an idle adjustment

Advertisement