Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Routing Number equivalent (US AC transfer)

Options
  • 27-08-2013 2:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know how to transfer money from a US Account to AIB? My US bank needs a routing number and AIB and my US bank don't know what the equivalent is in order to transfer.

Thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭.danindudlin

I think what you'll need is your IBAN number - E.G. IE29AIBK93115212345678 - it should be on bank statements or your online banking page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

I think what you'll need is your IBAN number - E.G. IE29AIBK93115212345678 - it should be on bank statements or your online banking page

Thanks but it seems the IBAN number won't do the job. The US bank needs an American Banker's Association routing number it seems it order to process it. US bank have not been very helpful saying they can't give out that information, so I'm not too sure what to do. The US bank online only has Routing number and Account number to enter, BIC/IBAN/Swift codes not being accepted.

Weird. Cant say I've had the same problem with Bank of America - Just logged in and checked what the set-up process was: iban.PNG

Weird. Cant say I've had the same problem with Bank of America - Just logged in and checked what the set-up process was: iban.PNG

Im with Chase (unfortunately it seems) and am in the US atm.

This is what it says

Weird - I cant imagine it would be possible to transfer money to Ireland using those details. There would need to be a swift code. Even Chase has one it seems :) CHASUS33

The website is suggest you have to enroll to use them, maybe you need it added for international?

P.S. There are plenty of Chase customers in the United States forum (Region > Abroad > United States) - Not sure it you can re-post it there or if a mod can move it for you

• Advertisement

Weird - I cant imagine it would be possible to transfer money to Ireland using those details. There would need to be a swift code. Even Chase has one it seems :) CHASUS33

The website is suggest you have to enroll to use them, maybe you need it added for international?

P.S. There are plenty of Chase customers in the United States forum (Region > Abroad > United States) - Not sure it you can re-post it there or if a mod can move it for you

Thanks. Going to go into a Chase branch tomorrow and see if theres a roundabout way of adding an international account. On the website theres no option to put in an international account, thats the only means of adding an external account :confused:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement