Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should counties only be allowed use the named match day squad

Options
  • 27-08-2013 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭

On Sunday Tyrone introduced people not named, Donegal did the same in the quarter. Really think counties should be made only use the actual named squad and only allow changes with a medical cert provided by an independent medical professional. Really makes a farce of things.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Always found it strange that extra players can be chosen, but don't really have a problem with it as such. Not much of an advantage to be gained, the GAA should just ask teams for the full list so the names can be included in the programme.

Btw, all teams can bring on more that the 26 named in the panel, it's not unique to Tyrone, just in case you don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

I know everyone can do it, hence why I also mentioned the Donegal game as they are the two most recent examples I can point to.

Didn't the GAA enforce a rule a few years back about reducing the number of players that a county squad can officially carry to help reduce costs etc? I always wondered how this worked when it came to paying expenses seeing as no county seems to actually pay any heed to it.

Advertisement