Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs on Thursday, when should I apply my tan?

Options
  • 26-08-2013 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hello all, tanning newbie here! I am a very pale cailín but have bought the Cocoa Brown 1 hour tan- anyone know when I should apply it? Wednesday night and then shower on Thursday morning?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Definitely do a trial run first to see if leaving it on over night makes it develop too much, I think most importantly prep your skin! Exfoliate and moisturise loads!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I would do it tonight and shower in the morning, then see if you need a top-up! Should still be grand Thursday but my legs didn't get dark enough with one application so I did a second go, skipping the knees etc as they always go darker anyway :)
    Enjoy the debs!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Mine always goes streaky if I leave it on overnight, so I always wash it off before bed. If I have an occasion I put on my Cocoa Brown the afternoon before, or the morning of if I have time. I leave it on for 3-4 hours before showering it off. While it's developing I wear really loose shorts and tshirt, and try to keep my limps straight so the tan doesn't rub off my the insides of my knees and elbows, or armpits. If you can stay standing while it's developing even better, cos then it won't rub off your thighs or back from being pressed against a chair!
    Once you wash off the guide colour, it keeps developing a bit.
    If I put the Cocoa Brown on the night before an event I won't have a shower the morning after unless I absolutely have to, so I can have the full effect of the tan.

Give your whole body a really good exfoliation today, and lash on a heavy moisturiser. This will allow the tan to go on much more smoothly. Don't put any moistuiser on the day you're gonna tan as it stops the colour soaking in as well. Do though, put a small bit of moistuiser on your ankles/ feet/ knees/ elbows/ other knobbly dry bits of skin, just before applying the tan. It will stop these parts absorbing too much colour and being darker than the rest of your skin.
    I always apply tan with a mit as this will give the most even colour. I leave my hands until last. When I do my hands i take off the mit and mix the tan with some hand cream/ moistuiser and rub it in well, paying special attention to my wrists and in between my fingers.

I make tanning sound like an awful chore, but I hate nothing more than streaky tan! I'm so pale naturally that any streaks are really obvious and I get so self conscious about them. I know from experience that if I stick to my routine I shall remain streak-free!

Hope you have a ball at your debs! :)

Hey OP, have a great time at your debs :)

Have you applied this fake tan before?

Advertisement