Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Dye

Options
  • 26-08-2013 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

So lads, do any of ye out there dye the aul hair.
    In the last year, Ive been getting quiet some greys and its ruined my boyish looks :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Thread carefully! Natural hair has different pigments, if you dye your hair a 'block' colour it will look very unnatural. For that reason a lot of women will use meche highlights (2-4 different tones), rather than an all over colour. Rightly or wrongly, a lot of men are mocked for dyeing their hair.

I don't know anything about the likes of Just For Men, but will add that grey hair is very attractive on a man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Thread carefully! Natural hair has different pigments, if you dye your hair a 'block' colour it will look very unnatural. For that reason a lot of women will use meche highlights (2-4 different tones), rather than an all over colour. Rightly or wrongly, a lot of men are mocked for dyeing their hair.

I don't know anything about the likes of Just For Men, but will add that grey hair is very attractive on a man!

So keep rocking the salt/peppa gotcha

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I've noticed the odd grey hair popping up at the front and as i'm really dark it's noticable.

I'm guessing by this time next year i'll have a sognificant amount of grey.

Will I dye? Hell no! Grey hair is awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Im going pretty grey atm (34) but would never in a million years dye it.

My natural colour is pitch black so the greys are more noticeable but Ive received nothing but compliments from the fairer sex as its become more prominent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I'm 26, been dying my hair once every 2-3 months for the last couple of years. I don't mind having a bit of grey tbh but if I cut my hair its really noticeable so thats when I dye it usually. I used to use Just For Men but now just use any brand of womens dye. I'm lucky in that my hair colour is more or less jet black anyway so I just use "black" and it works well. I wouldn't use the whole bottle either so that there is still some bits of grey hair. Its a balancing act, I'd say the first couple of times I started dying my hair it looked really fake but I've got it down to a fine art now :-)

I've grey hair in my beard too but would never be bothered dye that plus the grey goes down well with most women I've found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Lads I started to go grey when I was about 15 or 16, dyed it once for the craic when too much beer was drunk and I got stick off everybody I met, so I'd just stick with the salty

21/25

Advertisement