Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobbridge - actually 3 month wait?

Options
  • 26-08-2013 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hey all,

Hoping to start an internship later this week and i'm unemployed for two and a half months so cannot do jobbridge yet. Does anyone know what is the most likely scenario for me if I wanted to partake in the jobbridge scheme?

1. Sign off immediately as not seeking work (working for free) and therefore not entitled to jobbridge at all, despite being eligible in two weeks time.

2. Continue to look for work until the official jobbridge eligibilty date comes around and start then.

3. Deciding Officer uses common sense (if permitted) and allows jobbridge payment to start two weeks early.

4. Deciding officer allows me to start the internship and to retain current payment until I am eligible for jobbridge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Option 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Option 2 :)

Thanks. I guess I was just wondering was there any flexibility in it at all? Every rule is there to be broken, in Ireland anyway! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Thanks. I guess I was just wondering was there any flexibility in it at all? Every rule is there to be broken, in Ireland anyway! :p

If your high up the ladder then maybe but if your on the bottom rung all rules must be obeyed and adhered too.

Advertisement