Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vokera wont turn on

Options
  • 26-08-2013 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Tried to turn on the heating last night as house was little cold but heating wont turn on, it's a vokera mynute 16e. Last time it was on was prob June I think, with the good summer, not been on at all.

I don't even hear the "click" when turn it to on, have tried reset button but nothing, seems like totally dead. Anywhere else I can check or time to get someone out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Most likely the capacitor in the boiler circulating pump is flat from being idle for past few months. Flow switch is thus not being energised so it will not attempt it's ignition sequence.
    Generally, a spin of the pump impeller will do the trick but only an RGI can get into the boiler to do this.

It might be a good time to have it serviced before the winter season & then there should be no extra charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

cheers, will see about getting someone out.

should a heating system not be left off that long? it did kind of cross my mind during the summer it was never fired up but I didn't think much of it to be honest, probably should have fired it up a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

They can be left off for long periods but this is a side affect for some.
    Some modern boilers will switch on their pumps only once a month if left idle for this very reason.
    Most people leave a boiler service until right in the middle of the busy winter season but the best time is before the season starts. Booking a service at this time gets the boiler set up nicely for the season & irons out any little issues such as this.

Advertisement