Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you be too good at something?

Options
  • 26-08-2013 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

I think that certain people can come in for a lot of resentment from others if they are too good at something. The main example I can think of is being 'too smart'.

Do you resent others if they are better than you at something or does it bother you at all?

I don't mind people being better at sports, richer, more attractive or more confident than me but I get intimidated when I meet someone smarter than me. I don't dislike them for it or resent them. I suppose it's just a bit of jealousy because I want that to be my thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

You really shouldn't be intimidated by me. I'd never judge someone like that.
    Just be yourself and be confident :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Yeah, people get really intimidated that I'm great in bed, and feel insecure over it. It's the reason I never get laid, I swear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'd like to surround myself with people that are better at things than I am. Everyones got their speciality you can't be expert at everything. It the great thing about being human, you don't need to know everything or anything you just need to know the people that do have the information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

I suppose its got a lot to do with how the person acts as well. Messi and Ronaldo are considered the two best footballers but it seems Messi is more liked because he's humbler about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

IMHO - 99.99% of people who think they are 'too good' at something, aren't. They just have big egos and bad attitudes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

You really shouldn't be intimidated by me. I'd never judge someone like that.
    Just be yourself and be confident :)

We're not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

"You remember that fella, who was so good at fashion, they had to shoot him?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I'm too good in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I'm too good in bed.

I'm great in bed too.

12 hour sleep last night. Bate that suckas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I broke the world speed **** record last night.

Usain bolt would have been proud

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

lahalane wrote: »
    I suppose its got a lot to do with how the person acts as well. Messi and Ronaldo are considered the two best footballers but it seems Messi is more liked because he's humbler about it ugly.

Fyp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

I'm extremely good at being human.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

I'm extremely good at being human.

I think you are jesting.:D

But in all fairness being human is an admirable quality. It's so rare these days or maybe I work with the wrong type of people.:confused:

I'm being sincere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Aineoil wrote: »
    I think you are jesting.:D

But in all fairness being human is an admirable quality. It's so rare these days or maybe I work with the wrong type of people.:confused:

I'm being sincere.

You work with the wrong foxes people.

:pac:

(Hint: my username)

Advertisement