Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electronic Engineer jobs

• 26-08-2013 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

A brother of mine has just passed out with a degree in Electronic Engineering, as with most sectors in Ireland , jobs are slim. Anyone have any suggestions for some companies who are recruiting at the moment?

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DeccyJ

Hmm. Do you live in the west of Kerry or Dublin? That would be a huge factor. Results might be a factor too, as would specific modules studied, but I don't think they would be huge factors unless he just managed to scrape a pass. Was it a level 7 or 8? I hear that there's work out there for both, but more so for the level 8. Has he tried the big ones like Project Management, or the other big consultancies? If his modules were suited to what they do, such as instrumentation or communications, they might well be looking for people. There's a crowd up in Letterkenny who have ads up on the FAS website every week. Can't remember the name but a Google search should needle them out. Am I insulting his intelligence if I ask whether he's tried the obvious ones like Microsoft, Google, etc.

I think that there's a lot of cross-discipline potential out there too. There's always the UK too. Loads of cool jobs over there.

Advertisement